Thursday, December 18, 2008

Paterno comes up smelling like roses...brylcreem and death



A deal was struck with Penn State that will provide "for the opportunity of Coach Joe Paterno leading the football program through the 2011 season," the athletic department said Tuesday in a brief statement.

It was also agreed that the parties might reevaluate their circumstances and alter the arrangement by either shortening or extending its length as necessary," the statement said.

"There's no reason for me not to think that I can go for a while," he said last week when asked how much longer he could coach. "Now how long is a while? I don't know."

"I just get tired of recruits asking me, 'How long are you going to be there?," he said.


Pesky recruits. Always wanting to know if their head coach is going to be there when they finish their career or season or next game or next sentence.

No comments: