Wednesday, October 8, 2008

They play football. I mean...their smart. Right?

If you want to talk to Tennessee RB Arian Foster, you better know how to speak Pterodactyl. No reporter took him up on his offer. And as Fulmer was discussing his team, Arian decided to chime in...Pterodactyl-style. Link Here

"It was kind of funny and it fit Foster's quirky personality. But considering the environment and Foster's recent demeanor, it quickly became sad."

"Fulmer discussed how starter Jonathan Crompton and backup Nick Stephens would duke it out for the starting job against Northern Illinois.
It was a national story about an offense looking for leadership.
It could determine the fate of Tennessee's season and Fulmer's legacy.
"Veeeeek! Veeeeek! Veeeeek!" Foster shrieked."


awesome. Kenny Irons and David Irons may just have found a rival.
Some Gems from the Irons brothers:
David's Wonderlic score?-- a solid 4.

In an interview (which is terrific and here ), David recalls advice given to Kenny:
I just tell him to keep running like that and keep on running to the jungle. I told him I’d buy him a seesaw and monkey bars so he can swing around like a banana tree. He’s doing real good running to his jungle. I told him the end zone is his zoo and if he runs to the end zone he can be with all of his little animal friends. I just told him to treat the football like a banana. You treat the football like a banana and you won’t let anybody at the zoo take your banana peel. He was like, ‘Yeah, that’s true.’ And I was like, ‘Kenny, but it’s not yellow, it’s brown. Just think of it as an old banana and you’ve had out for weeks like you did at the house and it’s turned brown. Run with it and don’t let people strip it."

Kenny is equally gifted (in an interview here):
"I tell people that I play water polo and if they ask me what position I play I tell them right water. I dont even know if that is a position but I tell them that I play right water."

-if on a deserted island...
"I would bring Tre Smith because he is the most unique person ever. He thinks of the most amazing things. If we were on a deserted island we would probably sit around and think about what he brought up yesterday. He said ‘What if a team was on the 50-yard line and they had to kick a field goal to win the game and you had somebody like Carl Stewart who has a 42-inch vertical? If the team kicks the ball and they are barely going to make it and it is just going to graze inside the goalpost and you have Carl jump up and block it before it gets there, would that be OK? And would they count that? What could they do? That is a really good question because there is no goaltending in football so they couldn’t do anything about it because Carl just jumps up and blocks it.’ Tre is just wild and he is exciting and good to be around so I would bring Tre Smith"

so true. there isnt goaltending in football.

No comments: