Wednesday, October 29, 2008

John Madden vs. Steve Irwin






















I mean...on the one hand, Madden does have the excuse that his pic was from about 20 years ago (at least).

Which of these guys, if it were possible, would you least want to have a long conversation with? I am seriously torn. The crocodile hunter seemed like a pretty good bloke, but I am not sure I could deal with his level of prolonged excitement.


I wonder if not for John Madden, whether Pat Summerall would have been driven to the depths of his alcoholism. I couldnt sit up there and watch game after game with a John Madden for 22 years. No thanks. No matter how much I enjoy the occassional "rat and the piece of cheese" analogies describing how a running back find his running lanes.
Just the thought of Madden talking to someone else on my tv makes me want to drop a few ice cubes into a highball and let my frustration melt away.

No comments: